The fifth annual Agriculture, Energy and Processing Job Fair is set for tomorrow, March 7 at the SAGE Center, 101 Olson Road in Boardman. The fair is open for students from 9:30 to 11 a.m., and then for job seekers from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The public event will give attendees a chance to visit with area food processors, utilities, farms, local government agencies, data centers and educational institutions about careers, education and job-seeking help.
“This event gives people the opportunity to connect with the region’s leading agriculture, energy and processing industries to discover rewarding careers,” said Heather Cannell, SAGE Center manager.
Local high school students and college students are also invited to the fair to see careers available in their communities and learn what kind of education they need to work in local industries.
Perry Technical Institute, Blue Mountain Community College, Treasure Valley Community College, Oregon State University and Eastern Oregon University are attending to provide information about educational opportunities.
Businesses and organizations planning to attend include:
· Beef Northwest Feeders
· Boardman Foods, Inc.
· Calbee North America
· DuPont Pioneer
· International Union of Operating Engineers
· IRZ Consulting
· Lamb Weston Boardman East
· Lamb Weston Boardman West
· Lamb Weston Packaging Center
· Port of Morrow Warehousing
· Portland General Electric
· River Point Farms
· Threemile Canyon Farms
· Tillamook County Creamery Association
· Umatilla Electric Cooperative
· Valmont Northwest
· Port of Morrow Workforce Center
· Boardman Chamber of Commerce
· Oregon Human Development Corporation
· Worksource Oregon For more information, visit the SAGE Center website or call 541-481-7243.