The Hermiston School District has announced today changes in its semester and quarters at its secondary schools in an effort to provide enough days for the students’ learning.
The following changes will be applied to the remainder of the 2016-17 school year and take effect immediately:
- 1st Semester ends on Friday, January 27 for both middle schools and high school
- 2nd Semester begins on Monday, January 30 for both middle schools and high school
- 3rd Quarter ends on Friday, April 7
- 4th Quarter begins on Monday, April 10
- 2nd Semester and 4th quarter end on Wednesday, June 14
What remains the same:
- Student led conferences at the high school are scheduled for Monday, March 20, from 4:00-8:00 p.m. and Wednesday, March 22, from 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Student led conferences at Armand Larive and Sandstone Middle School are scheduled for Monday, March 20, from 4:30-8:30 p.m. and Wednesday, March 22, from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- High school graduation is still scheduled for Saturday, June 10, beginning at 10:30 a.m.
The changes in semesters and quarters mostly affect the time when parents can expect to receive their student’s progress reports in the mail and when grades are expected to be turned in and finalized.