The InterMountain Education Service District (IMESD) is offering a grant writing workshop on Friday, Aug. 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Pendleton.
The workshop, titled Grant Writing Basics: Finding and Writing Successful Grant Applications for K-12 Education, will be presented by Jann Tresham, IMESD grant writer, who will share tips and techniques for finding and evaluating funding resources for educational projects.
Topics will include:
- Funding sources: how to find them and determine if you are eligible to apply for a grant
- Collecting data to demonstrate need
- Writing goals, objectives and measurable outcomes
- Budget tips: what you can, cannot and must include in a grant budget
- Writing an evaluation plan
- Forms: what info you need to complete them
- Securing local partners and letters of support
The workshop is free to employees of IMESD’s component school districts and available to anyone for a small fee. To register, visit the IMESD website.
The workshop will be at the main IMESD building at 2001 SW Nye Ave. in Pendleton. For questions or more information, call 541-966-3115.