Today is the last day the city of Hermiston will accept project proposals for Transient Room Tax (TRT) dedicated for recreation in the 2021 – 2022 fiscal year.
The competitive grant program represents about $25,000 — or 15 percent of 5/8ths of the Transient Room Tax collected in the prior year — and must be spent on recreation programs and projects within Hermiston city limits.
Applications must be submitted no later than today, Friday, June 18 at 4 p.m.
TRT funding criteria and eligibility:
- Total project fund allocation for 2021 is approximately $25,000.
- Projects must be within the city of Hermiston.
- Applicants must have a non-profit tax status.
- Projects that benefit Hermiston through enhanced tourism, promotion, marketing, and lodging will be given highest consideration.
- Projects that benefit the greatest number of participants will be given greater consideration.
- Projects that represent a broad base of other support shall be given greater consideration.
- Funded projects are required to submit a breakdown of expenditures on how the funds were spent including receipts prior to reimbursement.
Applicants may be invited to make a 10-minute presentation regarding their proposal on a date to be determined.