[quote style=”2″]Former Hermiston Teachers Buy Student-Built Home[/quote]
It was only fitting that a home built by local students would be purchased by former Hermiston teachers.
Tim and Linda Turner, former Hermiston School District teachers, purchased the first home built by students in the Columbia Basin Student Homebuilders program. The program gives area students real-life, hands-on experience in designing and building a home, and partnering with local industry businesses.
Coming in at $330,033.00, the couple’s bid was officially accepted by the district on June 22, as part of a closed-bid process used to sell the first home.
“It was a pleasure contacting the Tim and Linda on the morning of June 22,” said Deputy Superintendent Wade Smith. “They had expressed their interest in the home for many months and have been regular visitors to the construction site.”
On Wednesday, the Turners said they had been following the progress of the construction throughout the process, including going online to check for updates.
The 2,200-square-foot home is located in the Fieldstone subdivision at 895 W. Angus Court, across from Armand Larive Middle School. The proceeds from the sale will be used to build the next student-built home, which is expected to break ground this month.
Fieldstone #1 House Amenities Include:
• 3 Bedroom plus Office/Den, 2 Bath, 2,050-square-foot home
• Premium home with top-of-the-line amenities
• Energy Trust certified home with enhanced insulation, premium efficient windows, conditioned space sealed ductwork, and state-of-the-art heating/cooling systems
• Energy efficient lights, and high-end appliances (double ovens, gas cook-top)
• Exposed beam, vaulted great room, with tongue and groove ceiling (Rest of home 9-foot ceilings)
• Whole-house sound system with built-in entertainment speakers
• “Smart Home” with high speed fiber internet
• Custom wood trim, cabinets, and doors
• Hardwood floors and custom tile work
• Granite Counters
• Central vacuum system
• Security system
• Water softener
• Custom master bathroom, with jetted Jacuzzi tub and walk-in tiled shower
• Double sinks in both bathrooms
• Gas fireplace
• RV parking, with utilities
• Fully landscaped yard with sprinkler system and perimeter fence
• Covered Front and back porches
• Insurance-backed home warranty