The Oregon Department of Revenue will hold a pair of meetings focusing on the administrative rules for the state’s new Corporate Activity Tax.
Business taxpayers and tax preparers will have a chance to meet with rule writers and share concerns, questions, and suggestions.
The first meeting is set for Wednesday, Oct. 2 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Hermiston Community Center, 415 Highway 395.
The second meeting will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 3 at the SAGE Center, 101 Olson Road in Boardman.
Issues expected to be discussed include:
- Who must register
- When and how businesses register
- Who must file and who must pay the tax
- Annual returns based on calendar year activity
- How corporate activity is defined
- Exemptions for charitable organizations
- Exclusions for groceries, subcontractors, wholesalers, and others
- What counts toward the 35 percent subtraction
- How estimated payments will be calculated
- When estimated payments are due
Those who are unable to attend but want to provide input can email questions or comments to cat.help.dor@Oregon.gov.