The Hermiston School District Columbia Basin Student Homebuilders Program is now in its seventh year, and seven students are actively engaged in framing the home, the seventh of 11 CBSHP homes to-be-built.
The CBSHP is self-funded by the sale of the prior year’s home. Fieldstone #6 closed in August and sold for just over $400,000. Feature amenities of #6 were stonework and an outdoor seating and an entertaining area with barbecue.
Seven students, aided by two hired past students, are setting the external frame of home #7 and will begin framing interior walls shortly thereafter. The seventh home will be a 2,232-square-foot energy-efficient home with three bedrooms, two and a half baths, and an oversized three-car garage able to accommodate a large pickup truck with a 10’ by 8’ bay. Highlighted home amenities include a 72-inch freezer/refrigerator combo, hidden pantry, and dining room with a bay window.
Following is a complete list of amenities:
- Vaulted ceiling in the great room
- Coffered ceiling in the master bedroom
- 9-foot ceilings throughout
- Above-code standards with Energy Trust of Oregon, featuring enhanced insulation, energy-efficient windows, sealed ductwork, energy-efficient heating, cooling and ventilation systems, envelope tightness measures, energy-efficient lights, and appliances
- Central vacuum system with new hide-a-hose
- SimpliSafe security system
- High-speed fiber optics with Eastern Oregon Telecom
- Water softener
- Speaker system throughout the home: garage, back porch, master bedroom, kitchen, dining room, family room
- Large modern kitchen with granite countertops, 5-burner gas top, center inland, insta-hot water
- Custom-cultured marble master bathroom, glass shower doors, freestanding tub
- Walk-in master closet
- Quartz countertops in bathrooms
- Gas fireplace
- RV parking with water and electric
- Fully landscaped and fenced yard, upgraded with privacy custom masonry wall in the backyard
- Outdoor kitchen, with framed in barbeque, speakers, TV-ready, tongue and groove ceiling, Jacuzzi ready.
- Solar ready, soffit lights and outlets
- Electric car charger ready
- Great location, quiet neighborhood