The InterMountain Education Service District is encouraging students, parents, staff and community members to nominate a great teacher in their district for 2021 Oregon Teacher of the Year.
The Oregon Department of Education, in partnership with the Oregon Lottery, is awarding the Oregon Regional Teacher of the Year to honor exemplary educators in every region of the state.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominations are open statewide through Jan. 31, 2020
- Teachers will submit their applications by March 27, 2020
- Oregon Education Service Districts will select a winner from their region
- Regional Teachers of the Year will be honored across the state in May 2020
- In September 2020 one of the Regional Teachers of the Year will be named the 2021 Oregon Teacher of the Year
Regional Teachers of the Year will receive a cash prize of $500 and will be celebrated across the state. The 2021 Oregon Teacher of the Year will receive a $5,000 cash prize (with a matching $5,000 going to their school) and serve as a spokesperson and representative for all Oregon teachers.
Anyone can nominate a teacher. Nomination forms are online.